Tuesday, September 29, 2009

B-I-N-G-O

In my physical therapy assistant class, I am required to do 12 hours of community service. I choose an adult daycare center in the town I live in. Today is BINGO day! These folks have a great time playing bingo and get really into it. Some of them have had strokes, some just come to the center to see friends, I hope that when I am around sixty or seventy that I still have the ambition to get out of bed and do fun things. I take that back, I KNOW that when I am sixty or seventy I will want to still live life to the fullest.

Last night I signed up for my FIRST 5k. Jingle Bell Run for arthritis! I am nervous because I have never done a race, and I am so excited to see what I can accomplish before December 5th. I tried to get my boyfriend to do the race with me...he declined. So, its me, myself and I. The race is 2 1/2 hours away, so i'm going to make a FIT trip out of it :)



Today for breakfast I had Oikos greek yogurt with honey and go lean crunch! Then around snack time I had a pear and 100 calorie pack of almonds.

At the gym today I ran 1.8 miles again, walked .2, and then only biked for a mile.



Lunch was leftover Amy's Organic Vegetable soup, grapes and broccoli :) Oh and don't forget the milk! (Stonyfield's organic fat free)


Last night, my Boyfriend had class so I kept myself pretty busy. I cleaned, moved the elliptical, did homework, watched biggest loser and made a running play list.

For dinner I had left over spaghetti squash, broccoli and chicken with cayenne pepper, it was spicy!! I also tried Silk milk, I don't think it's for me, it may take me some time to get used to though.


I also had carrots, celery and hummus before dinner for a snack and after dinner I had hot chai black and green tea

No comments:

Post a Comment